The ACEP Emergency Ultrasound Section hosted its annual Ultrasound Management Course on Sunday October 7. This year’s course was organized by Vivek Tayal, Troy Foster and Bret Nelson. Special thanks to ACEP organizers Marilyn Bromley and Julie Williams who were instrumental in putting the course together.
Almost 120 participants registered for this full-day course which served as a whirlwind introduction to the operational aspects of emergency ultrasound. Participants interacted with each other as well as national ultrasound leaders in small group breakout sessions covering topics such as quality assurance, image management systems, reimbursement issues, and others.
Faculty for the course (listed below) hailed from across the United States and brought enormous expertise to bear in their lectures and small group sessions.Â We look forward to their continued involvement as the course expands, as well as your suggestions for topics for next year’s course!
Emergency Ultrasound Management Course 2012
Sunday Oct 7th 2012 Denver
|EM US Director
|Politics of EUS
|Continuing Program Education
|Electronic Medical Record
|Tying it all Together
- Coding/reimbursement I (J. Resnick)
- Coding/reimbursement II (S. Hoffenberg)
- Machine purchase/maintenance (A. Dewitz)
- Archiving and QA solutions I (M. Stone)
- Archiving and QA solutions II (M. Byrne)
- The Director’s job- negotiations, pitfalls, strategies (R. Geria)
- Politics (local/national), hospital credentialing (V. Noble)
- The QA process (R. Lewiss)
- Ultrasound Education- training your faculty and yourself (J. Kendall)