- Shallow plastic container x 2
- Pipes, different sizes (Suction tubing, oxygen tubing, plastic cover for needles)
- Metal screw or nail
- Some waterproof glue or glue gun
- Beef gelatin 150g + warm tap water 800ml + Rubbing alcohol 50ml
- Hand mixer
- Spoon or strainer
- Cooking oil
Making the mold
- Make holes to both sides of the container to pass the tubings through and through (I used a hot screw for this)
- Pass the pipes and seal the holes, I used the glue gun for this.
- Mix the gelatin, warm water and rubbing alcohol; handheld mixer for 1 min works perfectly
- Remove as many bubbles as you can from the surface with a strainer or spoon
- Rub the pipes with cooking oil
- Put the gelatin mix in the container and into the fridge for a few hours
- Once the gelatin is firm, remove the pipes from the container. You might have to fight a little bit with the glue.
- Place the gelatin mold into a new plastic container (same size) and submerge it in cold tap water, try to get all the air bubbles out of the pipe holes and get them filled with water.
Try it, it’s very simple and cheap. See how it works! Also, read this guide on how to practice ultrasound guided intravenous lines
Sabrina Rodera Zorita