On Shift Resources
These resources are designed to be viewed and shared with your patients while on shift in the emergency department.
1) Heroin / Opioid Overdose Discharge Instructions – Click here for a template that you can use/edit and save as a dot phrase to put in the discharge instructions for patients who presented to the ED for opiate overdose.
2) List of New York State Needle Exchange Services
3) List of services providing Naloxone/Narcan for patients who use opiates
4) Safer injecting handout for patients who inject drugs
5) Safer pill injecting handout for patients who inject pills
6) Emergency Department-Initiated Buprenorphine for Opioid Use Disorder (EMBED)
7) New York dept health resources