Here’s a review from medGadget!
The Manual of Emergency and Critical Care Ultrasound is available from Cambridge University Press and major booksellers.
The book details evidence-based protocols for the use of bedside ultrasound in the acute and critical care setting, as well as step-by-step guides for using ultrasound in procedures.
It is ideally suited for emergency physicians and intensivists interested in basic or advanced applications of ultrasound.
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Trauma ultrasound
- First trimester pregnancy evaluation
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Renal and bladder sonography
- Hepatobiliary evaluation
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Thoracic ultrasound
- Ocular ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Ultrasound for procedure guidance
- Vascular access (central and peripheral veins)
- Foreign body evaluation
- Abscess management
- Lumbar puncture