Bret Nelson recently filmed a webinar on critical care ultrasound at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute in Florida. He discussed evaluation of the hypotensive patient, incorporating Scott Weingart’s RUSH exam as well as other literature on acute assessment of the heart, IVC, FAST exam, and pleura.
Information on the webinar is available at Gulfcoast.
References for a variety of hypotension evaluations are included below, as well as a few screenshots from the webinar!
- UHP protocol
- Rose JS et al,Â Am J Emerg Med 2001 (PMID: 11447518)
- Trinity Protocol
- Bahner D,Â JDMS 2002
- RCT of ultrasound in hypotension
- Jones AE et al, Crit Care Med 2004 (PMID: 15286547)
- FATE: Focused Assessed Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Jensen et al, Eur J Anaesthesiol 2004 (PMID: 15595582)
- FEER: Focused Echocardiographic Evaluation in Resuscitation
- Breitkreutz et al, Crit Care Med 2007 (PMID: 17446774)
- CA– USE: Cardiac Arrest Ultrasound Exam
- Hernandez et al, Resuscitation 2008 (PMID: 17822831)
- RUSH: Rapid Ultrasound in Shock and Hypotension
- Weingart et al, emCrit.org 2008, EMedHome 2009
- ACES: Abdominal and Cardiac Evaluation with Sonography in Shock
- Atkinson et al, Emerg Med J 2009 (PMID: 19164614)
- RUSH: Rapid Ultrasound in Shock
- Perera P et al, Emerg Med Clin N Am 2010 (PMID: 19945597)